Organization: University Medical Imaging,PC
Contact: Michael J. Lechner RT(R)(MR)CAPPM
Locale: Rochester, NY
About the Position:
JOB TITLE: MRI Supervisor
JOB CLASS: Exempt- Salaried Position
DEPARTMENT: Clinical MRI
REPORTS TO: Chief MRI technologist,Practice Administrator
STATUS: Full Time,full benefit eligible
HOURS: 40+ hours as needed.
Works closely with Chief MRI Technologist and leadership team to supervise and perform MRI procedures according to UMI routines. Contribute to the efficient operation of the office,and to ensure the quality and continuity of patient care and safety in the MRI department through open communication and adherence to UMI policies and procedures. This role is as a functional supervisor. You will be required to image patients proximately 60-80% of the time while utilizing the remaining 20-40% or your time for administrative duties.
Education Graduate of an accredited radiology technology program or equivalent
Licensure Licensed by the New York State Department of Health
Required- MRI Advanced Certification by the ARRT or ARMRIT
Preferred- MRSO Certification by ABMRS
Experience Required- Minimum of 10 years MRI scanning experience.
Preferred- Prior supervisory experience
• Proficient knowledge of MRI equipment operation,anatomy,coil/patient positioning,MRI physics and imaging techniques
• Proficient knowledge of MRI safety requirements and safety troubleshooting
• Basic understanding of radiology PACs network
• Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with patients,visitors,physicians,and employees within the organization
• Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects,prioritize work to meet schedules and deadlines
• Basic understanding of computers and computer software. (E-mail,Word,Excel,Power Point)
• Demonstration of ethical and professional conduct
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform imaging on all platforms of MR imaging equipment utilized at UMI facilities.
• Strives to make sure that all procedures are completed and turned over in a timely manner consistent with the schedule.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age and condition of the patient.
• Executes proper MR safety and screening procedures to protect themselves,as well as patients,visitors and co-workers.
• Pursues information necessary for the successful completion of all duties. Regularly confers with the Radiologists and asks for assistance with patients who present particular difficulties.
• Uses time between procedures to clean equipment,stock supplies and maintain work area in ready condition for better efficiency and instructs staff and monitors to do the same.
• Advises of any unusual concerns,situations,or conditions relative to staff,patients,physicians or work environment.
• Under the direction of the Chief Technologist,performs supervisory duties within the MRI department to ensure the deliverance of quality service to the patient.
• Assists with yearly clinical staff assessment performance reviews.
• Develop staff utilizing coaching,counseling and progressive discipline.
• Assists with orientation and training for the all MRI staff.
• Plans monthly schedules for staff coverage and assures appropriate staffing support.
• Participates in the Quality Assurance program in accordance to the American College of Radiology requirements.
• Maintains adequate inventory and supervises use of medical supplies while keeping costs to a minimum.
• Assists with creating,maintain and communicating all MRI protocols and procedures.
• Assists with equipment repair calls,and arranging time for various vendor engineers to make necessary repairs.
• Assists with PACs image correction.
• Assists MRI technologists with safety concerns and troubleshooting image concerns.
While working in management,it is important to have a variety of skills including Managerial,Technical,Conceptual,Diagnostic and also a level of political skill sets. For a healthy working environment,it is also vital that a UMI supervisor possess a higher level of attributes and personal skill as outlined below.
• Exhibits ability to carry out verbal and written instructions. Possesses the skills necessary to train,evaluate and provide constructive criticism.
• Inspires confidence by performing and communicating in a highly professional manner,at all times. Possess the ability to show courtesy and respect to all individuals. Always maintains a positive teamwork atmosphere within all areas of the department.
• Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers. Greets patients in a courteous and respectful manner,responds to patients with empathy and positive interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task and prioritize workload and to distinguish between value and non-value added work. Demonstrates the ability to perform procedures,not requiring direct attention,simultaneously with those procedures that do require attention with no adverse effect on quality of work performance.
• Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information including but not limited to the patients and staff.
• Demonstrates competence and proficiency in areas assigned; demonstrates responsibility for knowing and adhering to department rules and regulations while performing in professional manner.
• Consistently demonstrates good judgment by showing an appreciation of cost factors.
• Assumes personal responsibility for on-going education and professional development.
• Demonstrates corporate values at all times. Thinks and conducts business in a manner aligned with and in the best interests of the organization.
• Emotional balance: The supervisor works in situations which involve authority,leadership,meeting targets and deadlines,conflicts etc. The successful supervisor has to be able to maintain emotional balance and self-control so that they may face various situations confidently and successfully.
• Being proactive: The supervisors have some objectives to achieve. They cannot plan everything in advance. Several times they have to respond to the needs of the situation which has arisen suddenly. The supervisor must also be able to have qualities such as being committed,having a missionary zeal,taking responsibility instead of passing the blame to others.
• Creativity: It means that the supervisor must have the ability to come up with new responses to situations. They must have new ideas and also be able to recognize a good idea when it comes from another source.
• Mental agility: The supervisor must have the ability to grasp problems quickly,to think of several things at the same time,and assess the whole situation quickly. In the busy modern world of business this quality is necessary for success.
• Learning habits: Effective supervisors are independent as learners. They take responsibility for the rightness of what is learned,and are not dependent on others.
• Self-knowledge: Whatever the supervisor does is affected by their own view of their job and role,objectives,strengths and weaknesses etc. So they must be aware of these attributes. Hence the supervisor must develop skills of looking at him/herself critically.
Contact with all levels of personnel within the company and with clients and vendors.
Exempt: Working hours and shifts vary to assure all duties are completed and all shifts are covered.
Exposure: Measures to decrease risk of blood borne pathogen exposure through universal precautions and engineering and work practice controls Lifting of heavy medical equipment and supply boxes required. Up to 30 pounds.
Aptitudes: Verbal ability; ability to make simple calculations; ability to organize.
Temperament: Ability to perform a variety of tasks,often changing assignments on short notice. Follows directives objectively while maintaining a positive attitude.
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified,and shall not be considered as a detailed description of every work requirement that may be inherent in the position.
GE 1.5T & 3T
Willing to train? yes
Listing expires: January 18, 2018
Back to ARMRIT Job Board.